Duties and responsibilities
- Controlling the stores operations by ensuring that all materials are properly handled and recorded (including receiving, locating and issuing)
- Checking incoming materials, supplies and equipment against invoices, requisitions, orders, specifications and prices or other records
- Maintaining stock/materials stocked in bins, racks and work areas in a neat, orderly, safe and sanitary condition
- Maintaining record of the amount, kind and value of items on hand
- Maintaining control records showing stock on hand, stock on order and stock used during previous periods
- Ensuring that stock checking programs (whether cyclical or adhoc) are maintained to the extent that physical inventory agrees with the accounting records
- Co-coordinating with Fixed Asset Accountant and Procurement Officer on newly acquired fixed assets
- Producing inventory schedules for audit purposes
- Reconciling inventory clearing account
- Reconciling suppliers prepayment account
Applicants must have a CIPS Diploma from a recognized institution plus relevant experience in computerized accounting. Those with basic accounting knowledge will have an added advantage. Experience in ACCPAC financial modules preferred.
Applications stating the post being applied for, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
P.O. Box 280
Applications should be received not later than 20th November 2015.