Great Hall Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the operation of the Great Hall and Little Theatre and their facilities, ensuring highest possible standards of service provision, repair and maintenance, presentation and cleanliness, licensing and safety and customer care.
- Ensuring quality presentation of the Great Hall and Little Theatre as a first class and reputable venue to all users at every function.
- Preparing budgets, business plan and strategic plan for the Great Hall and Little Theatre.
- Ensuring that payment of fees is made in respect of all bookings placed in accordance with College’s financial procedures and guidelines.
- Providing information and support to the Assistant Registrar on any areas of concern.
- Acting as a key-holder for the Great Hall and Little Theatre and functioning as Duty Manager as required
- Working with colleagues to ensure that effective communication exists between the Great Hall teams and all other areas, to ensure that seamless service is provided to customers
- Acting as Health and Safety Manager for Great Hall and Little Theatre in accordance with the Safety Policy.
- Supervising, motivating and reviewing the performance of staff to ensure that targets are met and that all events and activities are adequately staffed.
Diploma in Electronics with a bias in audio visual equipment with three years relevant experience.
Applications stating the post being applied for, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
P.O. Box 280
Applications should be received not later than 20th November 2015.