Coordinator, Chancellor College Legal Clinic
The applicants must be holders of an LLB (Hons), Second Upper Class (2.1). Candidates must demonstrate experience in drafting proposals and project implementation, and must hold a valid licence to practice the law in the courts of Malawi. Those with Masters or PhD degrees in Law (with credits in their first degrees), will have an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will be undertaking the following duties:
- Coordinate the work of the sub-clinics under the Chancellor College Legal Clinic.
- Teach and conduct research in Clinical Legal Education and any other practical courses as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Assist supervisors in the activities of the clinic such as training of students, carrying out outreach activities and conducting meetings with clients.
- Assist Lecturers in teaching and research.
- Take over the work of the clinic when a supervisor is out of station.
- Take direct interest in the work of all clinics and report to the Head of Department on the progress of each clinic.
- Take up clinical cases to court and litigate as and when necessary;
- Mobilize resources for the legal clinic.
- Carry out any other related duties that may be assigned to him or her by the Principal, Registrar, or Dean of the Faculty through Head of Department.
- The ideal candidate must be prepared to reside in Zomba.
Applications, including a detailed curriculum vitae with up to date contact details (preferably working mobile phone numbers), copies of certificates and academic transcripts and names of three traceable referees should be submitted, not later than 24th September, 2016 to the address below or Email.
P.O. Box 280