Short Course on Project Proposal and Programme Development
The Centre for Social Research (CSR) is pleased to announce that it will run a short course on project and programme proposal development from 18th to 29th April 2017. This short course will be hosted at CSR’s New Office Complex.
Targeting consultants, NGO staff, government and UN agency staff engaged in proposal development, the short course on proposal development is designed to equip participants with requisite knowledge, skills and expertise for development of fundable proposals for research and development projects. It is not meant to be prescriptive but rather suggest an approach that can be adapted to fit the needs of each individual or organization and the peculiarities of each situation. Upon completion of the short training course, each participant will be issued with a University of Malawi (UNIMA) certificate of attendance.
Areas of Coverage
- Overview of project and programme proposal development
- Application guidelines and review criteria
- Need or problem statement
- Background and literature review
- Formulation of project and programme goals and objectives
- Development and implementation of programme interventions
- Management plan or implementation arrangements
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Institutional capacity and experience
- Formulation of project and programme budgets
- Examples of successful and non-successful project and programme proposals
- Ethical issues and considerations
The short training course on project and programme proposal development will be facilitated by CSR’s seasoned team of experts comprising Dr. Blessings Chinsinga, Professor and CSR Director; Dr. Alister Munthali, Associate Research Professor; and Dr. Maxton Tsoka, Associate Research Professor. There will also be some specialized input from season professionals to complement the efforts of the core team of facilitators.
Each participant is expected to pay MK 600,000 which includes the cost of lunch and teas and not accommodation. Participants will find their own accommodation.
Interested individuals should send their application that includes a well-motivated application letter and an up to date curriculum vitae not later than 31st March 2017 to:
Centre for Social Research (CSR)
Chancellor College, University of Malawi
P.O Box 280