Invitation for bids - Contructions works
PROCUREMENT OF CONSTRUCTION WORKS AT CHANCELLOR COLLEGE
Name of Project : Skills Development Project
IFB Number: CC/CW/SDP/64-10-16
Date of Issue: 13th September, 2016
- This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in Chancellor College online (CHANCO online of August 2015), and on the University of Malawi’s internet website (www.cc.ac.mw)
The Government of Malawi has received a loan from the World Bank (WB) towards the cost of Skills Development Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan/financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the construction of Lecture Theaters, Science and ICT Laboratories and associated External Works procurement reference number: CC/CW/SDP/64-10-16
- The Chairman, Internal Procurement Committee, Chancellor College now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction works as in the Table below:
- CONTRACT NAME: Construction of Lecture Theatres, Science and ICT Laboratories and associated External Works
- LOT NUMBER: One
- CONSTRUCTION PERIOD: 60 weeks
- PRE-BID MEETING AND SITE VISIT: 10:00am on 23rd September, 2016
- Bidders must be registered (or eligible for registration) with National Construction Industry Council of Malawi (NCIC) in the un-limited category as Building Contractor in the current fiscal year. Bidders from other countries should provide with their bid the evidence of their registration which is equivalent to NCIC Malawi and they have registered in the un-limited category with the relevant authorities. Please note that attendance to pre-bid meeting is mandatory and each bidder will be provided with attendance certificate. Those who choose not to attend their bids will be disqualified.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the following office;
- CONTRACT NAME: Construction of Lecture Theatres, Science and ICT Laboratories and External Works
- LOT NUMBER: One
- PROCUREMENT UNIT: Chancellor College, P.O. Box 280, Zomba. Malawi. Fax number: +265(0)1 524 222, E-mail: email@example.com
- Qualifications requirements include: Experience of the Contractor for at least two projects each with a contract value of at least 5 million US Dollars within the last five (5) years, audited financial statements for the last three (3) years, Average annual volume of construction works of 4 million US Dollars or equivalent over the last consecutive five (5) years and availability of credit facility exceeding the equivalent of 2 million US Dollars. A margin of preference for eligible national bidders “shall not” be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of electronic biding documents may be purchased upon payment of a non-refundable fee of MK20,000.00 or equivalent in a freely convertible currency. The Bidding Documents will be collected by bidder immediately upon payment or be sent by express mail or courier in which case the applicant/bidder should clearly indicate the delivery address and bear the costs.
- Bids must be delivered to the Chancellor College by depositing in a tender box located at Porters Lodge/Reception on or before 21st October, 2016 at or before 10:00Hours. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security (Bank Guarantee or Bank Certified Cheque) of MK6 Million or its equivalent.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 10:00 Hours on 21st October, 2016 in the Board Room at the Chancellor College in Zomba, Malawi.
- The Chancellor College does not bound itself to accept the lowest or any bid, but reserves the right to exercise choice of the lowest evaluated substantially responsive bid.
The IPC Chairperson