CONGREGATION PRESS RELEASE
UNIVERSITY OF MALAWI CONGREGATION FOR 2017/2018 AND 2018/2019 GRADUANDS
The University of Malawi wishes to inform graduands and the general public that its fifth Congregation will be held on Friday, 8th November, 2019 in the Great Hall at Chancellor College in Zomba from 7:30 a.m. His Excellency, Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika, President of the Republic of Malawi and Chancellor of the University of Malawi will preside over the ceremony. Academic awards shall be conferred to graduands in the following programmes:
A. Chancellor College
- Bachelor of Arts (Humanities);
- Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences;
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition;
- Diploma in Law;
- Master of Education (Policy, Planning and Leadership);
- Master of Education (Sociology of Education);
- Master of Education (Testing, Measurement and Evaluation);
- Master of Education (Education Psychology);
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Teaching Studies (Language Education);
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Teaching Studies (Science and Mathematical Education);
- Master of Science in Applied Chemistry;
- Master of Science in Informatics; and
- Master of Arts in Theology and Religious Studies.
B. College of Medicine
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences;
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery.
C. Kamuzu College of Nursing
- Master of Science in Child Health Nursing;
- Master of Science in Nursing and Midwifery Education.
Dress rehearsals for the Congregation will be held on Thursday, 7th November, 2019 from 8:00 am in the Great Hall at Chancellor College in Zomba. Graduands are required to come in their graduation attire and are asked to be punctual. Only those that attend rehearsals shall be allowed to graduate.
Academic dress for the Congregation shall be available for hire from Thursday 31st November, 2019 from graduands’ respective Colleges. The hiring charges for the graduation attire are as follows:
(a) Diploma Set K8,000
(b) Bachelors Set K10,000
(c) Masters Set K30,000
(d) PhD Set K40,000
All candidates must return their academic dress immediately after the graduation. Any unreturned academic dress shall attract a penalty fee of K5, 000 for the first day of delay and K2, 000 for each subsequent day of delay payable before the release of the certificate.
Candidates who owe the College money shall not be allowed to graduate. Candidates who require photography services shall be informed about the details of accredited photographers during rehearsals. Candidates should contact their respective Colleges for invitation cards of their guardians.
All photographers and other businesses shall be required to pay to the Cashier on the day of rehearsals as follows:
(a) inside the Great Hall K25, 000
(b) outside the Great Hall K10, 000
(c) other businesses K5, 000
For inquiries, please contact: The University Registrar on the following numbers 01 526 622 /01 524 456 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit our