CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ENROLMENT INTO THE DIPLOMA IN LAW PROGRAMME
The Faculty of Law is inviting applications from eligible candidates to enrol into the Diploma in Law Programme in the 2021 academic year.
2. Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates who meet the first criterion AND any one of the subsequent criteria may apply for enrolment:
- Have an MSCE or its equivalent, with at least 6 credits including English,
PLUS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- At least one year of systematic legal training in an institution, recognised by the
- University of Malawi, that trains legal personnel;
- At least 2 years experience working in a department or organization that engages in legal work, human rights activism, administrative law, commerciallaw, criminal law, or any other branch of the law;
- A diploma with a credit from the University of Malawi or an institution recognised by the University of Malawi;
- A degree from the University of Malawi or any university recognised by the University of Malawi.
3. Programme Structure and Duration
- The programme duration is 24 months.
- The programme is non-residential and students are expected to arrange their own accommodation.
- Lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered over six-week direct contact blocks for each semester. The blocks are separated by periods of up to three months,during which students are expected to complete various assignments.
4. Tuition Fee
The tuition fee for each student on this course is MK950, 000.00 per academic year, payable as one lump sum or in two equal instalments prior to registration for each semester.
Interested individuals must complete an online application at https://clea.cc.ac.mw/. The applicant must upload a passport photo, copies of certificates or notification of results authenticated by a Commissioner for Oaths and proof of a deposit of a non-refundable processing fee into the following bank account:
Law and Development Unit
National Bank of Malawi
Account Number 297108
The processing fee to be paid into this account is MK25, 000.00.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In case of any inquiries or technical challenges please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Chancellor College, Faculty of Law on 01 524 222
The closing date for all applications is 8 February 2021